“A centre of excellence in national development planning for high quality of life for all Kenyans”
To provide leadership in national and sectoral planning for advancing Kenya’s transformative agenda
The State Department shall uphold the following core values:
- Transparency and Accountability: The State Department shall conduct its business and offer services to its stakeholders in a transparent and accountable manner.
- Professionalism and Ethical Practices: All staff shall uphold high moral standards and professional competence in service delivery.
- Teamwork: The State Department shall promote collaborative efforts of all actors to achieve a common goal.
- Passion for Results: The State Department shall relentlessly pursue timely attainment of targeted results at all levels through high level of coordination, and networking.
- Customer Centred: The State Department is committed to uphold customer driven and focused service delivery.
- Participatory Approach and Inclusiveness: The State Department is committed to consultations, joint and comprehensive partnership in all its affairs.
The ministry’s functions and responsibilities as clearly stipulated in Executive Order No. 1 of 2018 are being implemented in line with the Constitution of Kenya particularly Chapter Twelve (“Public Finance”); and all the relevant legislation pertaining to the core functions of the ministry. Moreover, the Ministry is committed to the implementation of the policy goals adopted from the government’s economic transformation agenda, with attention to the prioritisation that it has been given to improving affordable housing for all, food security, providing affordable healthcare, improving the manufacturing industries and moving the country forward under the three pillars of national cohesion and unity (“Umoja”), economic transformation (“Uchumi”), and transparency and accountability (“Uwazi”).
- To strengthen planning and policy formulation at all levels
- To strengthen linkages between planning, policy formulation and budgeting at all levels
- To Contribute to National Competitiveness through Regional and International Economic Cooperation
- To improve tracking of implementation of development policies, strategies and programmes
- To enhance co-operation between Kenya and regional and international economic institutions.
- To provide policy guidance, capacity building and support as well as oversight, management and development support for the RDAs
- To coordinate the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the SDGs